Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kansas City is getting another rain storm this morning. We have had enough rain to last us the rest of this calendar year. I heard one of the weather people say last week that there had only been two days in June that we didn't have some rain or storms. Oh well, the grass is very green the trees are really full so I guess that is all right too.

We had a typical week around here this week. I went to the movies with my girlfriend on Tuesday, and we saw "Get Smart". It was a just an all right movie in my books. I thought it got draggy in a few spots. It did have some really funny lines but wasn't one of my favorites. Can't really recommend it - maybe a rental would be better.

Wednesday I had my hair trimmed. I have it cut pretty short for the summer so that doesn't take very long to get it trimmed. Snookie it is probably shorter than yours. Then Jack and I went up to a city just North of here, Platte City, to look at Basswood RV park. Don Baker, it is the one you said you stayed one time while you were in KC. We had never been by it and we are looking for a close park to take Emma to the last weekend of July. Very nice park. It was laid out real nice and has nice pool, playground area, and the sites looked to be all level. Has four fishing lakes.

Thursday night we met DeAnn and Bruce Hoover for dinner. Was great to see them. DeAnn caught me up on the happenings at FAA. Sounds like they are getting ready for another reorganization. It seems like the last few years that is all the FAA has done. Bruce and DeAnn looked great and seem to be doing good with their new employment.

Last night we had our friends (2 couples we have known for years) over to play games. We taught them how to play Sequence. This is a game that Bill and Donna Rinne taught us while in Arizona. It was fun and it moved fast with six people.

Today we are going to celebrate Emma's 8th birthday. Her birthday is actually the 17th but it worked out better for all the family to have it today. Her and some of her little girlfriends are going to have manicures and pedicures today. Boy things have changed since I was eight (but that has been a few years)!! Can't believe she is eight but they grow up so fast.

I have to brag a little on our oldest grandson, Zack. He is going to start on Monday playing in the USSSA World Series Championship baseball games. The team he is playing with drafted him about three weeks ago to play in the Missouri State Tournament in St. Louis. His team won this tournament. So now they are going to play in the World Series games. There will be a total of 39 teams from 14 different states coming to participate in these games. This will be really exciting for us to see him play at this level. So you know Grandma and Grandpa will not miss a game!!

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Don said, "yes, that's the park. sally and dennis made tie-died shirts with the kids and I preached there."