Saturday, August 9, 2008

Heat and Humidity Has Broken

This week has been much better in the weather department. Finally, the heat and humidity has broken in KC. Had real nice days the latter part of the week - low 80s and no rain. Today it is cloudy, and cool, rather occasion in KC in August.

I am feeling much better. I have had some problems with my blood pressure, which I have never had that problem before, but the doctor put me on some medicine and that has helped out a lot. So I'm back in the swing of things, and running as usual.

My girlfriend and I went to the movies this week to see "Swing Vote". This was a Kevin Costner movie, but it sure wasn't as good as some of his other movies. I thought it was pretty corny in some places, and really didn't have that good of a plot. Don't recommend it - maybe as a rental.

Yesterday a couple of my friends and I went to tour a new +55 plus adult living community development that has just opened in the Northland (for people not familiar with KC - that is what we call the land North of the Missouri River - which is where we live). This is a state-of-the-art development which has approximately 115 apartments. Dora, my girlfriend, has a friend that is the marketing director for this place and she wanted us to come tour it and see what all they have to offer. Let me tell you, this would be where I would love to live in about 15 - 20 years. It has a beautiful setting and they have all the amenities anyone would want. The marketing director says it is like a cruise ship that never docks. We were very impressed with it. It is called Riverstone and they have 7 other developments in the nation.

Last night we went to a concert in the Downtown area of KC. There is a shopping/hotel area called Crown Center and they have free concerts during the month of August. Last night, Chris Cagle (a country singer) was there. It was a beautiful evening and the music was good too. They have had these concerts for years. You just take your blankets, lawn chairs, etc. and go enjoy the evening. Over the years, we have seen some really big stars come through - we saw Roy Orbison a few months before he died. Had a great time.

Have a good week.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Cathy, glad you are feeling better. Watch that blood pressure. We are also rejoicing over the break in the heat. Church in the pavilion was really nice this morning.