Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Back to the Sunshine State


Let's see where did I leave off. On Tuesday, 1/27/09, I flew back to Kansas City to my aunt's funeral. Had a good flight even though I didn't get a non-stop - went through Chicago but just to let people off and on. Got into KC around 2:30 p.m. My good friends, Dora and Marlin, picked me up at the airport. Oh it was cold!! Had some snow on the ground but not anything like when we landed at Chicago.

Went to my sister's house Tuesday night and caught up with what had been happening with the family.

Wednesday I went over to Chad and Cathy's to baby-sit the little ones - Bronson and Nico. I really needed my Grandma fix. Cathy went with Chad to look at a new van their were looking at buying. Had a great time with the kids. Chad and Cathy decided this was the van for them. It is a wonderful one. It is a Honda Odyssey. They definitely was needing to get a bigger car with their two little ones. Cathy was real excited and she said that is a sign she is getting older when you get excited over getting a "van"!! Then I went to get my hair cut and met Dora at the movies.

Thursday was my Aunt's funeral. I went to pick up Cathy and the boys (Chad was going to meet us at the funeral). Then we met Craig at his office in North Kansas City and he rode with us too. You know funerals are where to see family that you don't see other times of the year. So it was like a family reunion. The service was very nice but very sad. But she is in a better place and is not suffering any longer. Pray for her son as he is a only child and this was really rough for him. This day was also my birthday (I'll definitely remember this one). So on Thursday night, Craig and Chad and their families took me out for dinner. It was a little different not having Jack with me to celebrate my birthday.

Friday I had some things I needed to get done while I was home. Went to the movies with Dora again - we got our movie fix (see Jack and Marlin do not really like going to the movies so we go)...visited with the neighbors (thanks Doris for letting use your computer while I was home). Emma stayed all night with me so we could get our visiting by ourselves.

Saturday morning Craig picked us up and took me to the airport. Had a smooth flight back to Florida. Was great to get back to the warm and sunny Florida. Jack picked me up and we stopped at our favorite restaurant at St. Pete Beach - The Wharf - and had our grouper fix. Brandy was glad to see me too.

Got back in the swing of things here at the park. Went to Tai Chi and line dance lessons yesterday. DeAnn called yesterday and they are going to come visit us in Florida in the middle of March. We are excited about that!! Can't wait to see them.


2 comments:

Queen of Retirement said...

I can't believe I forgot your birthday. What a dork I am. So, belated happy birthday. We'll celebrate when we get there!

LaVon Baker said...

I have an excuse... didn't know it was your birthday, so, HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY!!
I just looked out and it's getting cloudy.. rain in the forecast now. of course! Don just had the truck washed. lol.