Sunday, March 9, 2008

Luau at Quail Run

Wow, what a day yesterday! It was a busy day for me. I went up to the Cantina around 9:00 a.m. to help the Activities Team with the preparations for the Luau. We were really busy. That team is a well oiled machine!! They knew what needed to be done and when to do it. I helped them off and on most of the day. I know they are one tired bunch of people today!

We went back up to the Luau around 3:45 p.m. as Jack and I were greeters by the back gate to the pool. We passed out the leis and shell necklaces to residents. Then we joined some friends to enjoy the Luau.

The Luau was a hugh success!! There was all kinds of food, drinks, and entertainment for all to enjoy and I believe everybody had a great time. I know Bud and Shelley are glad is over and done with.

We talked yesterday with some family and friends from Kansas City and all is well with them. I am getting excited and anxious to get back to Kansas City as it has been a long 3 months not seeing my grandchildren and other family members. We have another 2 - 3 weeks before we head back that way.

Today Jack and I are going to go to Tucson to the Diamondbacks and Mariners baseball game with Sharon and Tom Peterson. It is a beautiful day so I know we will enjoy it.

1 comment:

Queen of Retirement said...

Sure looks nice out there! We leave and the weather stays good plus a new restaurant!! We should have left months ago.