Saturday, March 15, 2008

Phoenix/Mesa Trip

Thursday evening, Jack and I joined a group at Rick and Wendy's to have a cookout. We had good food and good conversation.

On Friday, Jack and I went into Mesa to the big flea market. It is always fun to go to it. We looked for a few things to take back to Missouri. Jack picked out a small southwestern pot and a variety of cactus to plant. He did a great job putting it all together. He has much more patience than I on things like this. After spending a couple of hours there we went to lunch.

Then I wanted to stop by Arizona Mills to make a couple stops for shopping. I really like the shops there especially the Chico's Outlet Store. We don't have one of these in Missouri (at least I haven't found it).

We were back to Quail Run by 4:30 p.m. We had dinner and then just settled in for television.

On a sad note, while we were at the Mesa Flea Market, DeAnn called me to let us know that Bruce's Mother had passed away yesterday morning. She has been in bad health for almost a year. DeAnn had called me the day before to let me know that the doctor had called them and told them they needed to come to Iowa because she was not going to make it much longer. So please put them in your prayers and thoughts over the next few days. The funeral will be on Monday afternoon in Centerville, Iowa, which is Bruce's hometown. If anyone would like to drop them a card, here is their address: 12115 S. Blackbob Road, Apt. 303, Olathe, Kansas 66062.

No comments: