Friday, April 11, 2008

April 11, 2008

On Tuesday, we went to have our taxes figured. This is the latest we have ever had them done but since we were not sure when we would be back to KC we had made an appointment for this week. Good thing since I hadn't gathered any of the information together before we left. At least we have that done for another year.

Jack had an appointment with the dermatologist yesterday to have a spot looked at on his face. He has an history of skin cancer so we frequent the doctor often. Luckily she said it didn't look that bad so she just shot it with the "freezing medicine" and said that should take care of it. At least he didn't have to have any more cutting done.

I met two of my "ole" co-workers yesterday for lunch. It is always nice to see them and catch up on things going on with the FAA. They already knew that DeAnn was coming back to work for the FAA as another one of our co-workers, now located in Ft. Worth, handles all the personnel actions for the facility DeAnn will be working. So I brought up to speed on the happenings with the Hoover's. They brought me up on all the problems the FAA is having with the aircraft inspections, etc. You know I'm really glad I'm retired!!

Today Jack and I are going to play Grandma and Grandpa with our youngest grandson, Bronson. We are going to pick him up around 10:30 a.m. and keep him most of the day. We are looking forward to that. It is always nice to have them by themselves (I guess that might be selfish of us) but it is still nice. His Mommy needs a day to do what she wants to do for a change. I'll get Jack to take some pictures so I can post them.

The weather here in KC is really ugly. We had severe thunderstorms roll through yesterday afternoon and last night. Thank goodness we didn't have any major damage like some other areas did. It is cool and windy today. I'm definitely ready for some nice weather. The weatherman is forecasting that next Wednesday is to be sunny and warm (70s) - I can't wait.

2 comments:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

Am glad the weather wasn't as bad there as we have been hearing about. We are now in Florida visiting with our son and his family for the next month. Take care.
Wendy and Rick

LaVon Baker said...

Can't wait to see pictures of you and grandson. I got some cute ones when Emma spent the night with us.