Monday, May 12, 2008

Marvelous Monday - Sunny Again!

This morning is beautiful. The sun is out and it is suppose to get in the mid-70s with little wind. We are so excited as we haven't had very many of these days lately!

It seems like time has been flying by lately. Can't believe it has been almost a week since I have blogged. Let's see what we have been up to:

Last Thursday was my day to go to the movies with my girlfriend. Jack is not a movie bluff and neither is her husband so we usually try to make it to the movies at least twice a move to keep up with the new ones. We went to see "Baby Mama". It was a silly, non-serious one but it had some cute lines and kept you laughing. Sometimes you need this type of movie.

Friday was my day to volunteer at the hospital. I worked in the surgery waiting room. I do like this as I feel I can hopefully help a family through a difficult time in their lives. Just a friendly smile helps when you are under this type of stress. Normally we have around 30 - 35 surgeries a day but Friday we only had about 22 so I wasn't that busy.

Saturday night Jack and I had two couples over to play dominoes. We went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse first ( which we really like) and then came back here to play our games. I was ahead all through the game until the very last round and then I blew my lead. Oh well, it lasted for a while. We have a really good time with these friends, as we have known them for over 30 years. We try to get together with them at least once a month and do something. It is great to have friends like this.

Sunday started off real cool but sunny. But by the middle of the afternoon it was warmer, in mid-60s, but had a wind out of the North which make it feel cooler than that. We celebrated Mother's Day with both our sons and their families. Had a nice day. Got home in time to see the end of Survivor and couldn't believe that Parati (not sure this is spelled right) won. I just didn't think she would get it - thought Amanda had a better chance. What do I know!

Have a good week.

3 comments:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

That's great that you volunteer! It must be so rewarding. Glad you had a great Mom's day. I did too. Glad to hear the storms haven't hit you guys. Take care.

LaVon Baker said...

Cathy, that is a perfect place for you to volunteer.. you have such a beautiful smile and I know you are a blessing to everyone you share that smile with!
Don't you just love getting together with friends for a good game of dominos or cards?! Love it.

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

HI CATHY WHAT A WONDERFUL THING TO DO AT THE HOSIPTAL! IN RESPONCE TO YOUR EMAIL, WE STAYED AT A WONDERFUL PARK IN ARCADIA, FL.SMALL TOWN THE DOWNTOWN IS ALL ANTIQUES.THE NAME IS CROSS CREEK RV RESORT. IYS A GREAT PARK.ONE THING IS IT IS CHEAPER TO PAY FOR THE WHOLE YEAR. YOU SIGN A CONTRACT BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO STAY WITH IT FOREVER.